CBSE English Class V | Sample Paper -1 |
Time: 3 hour
Subject- English M.M.-80
All questions are compulsory.
- Write the meaning of these words: – 5
Crowed, Passenger, Difficult , Whole, Manage, Puppy, Chicken, Courage, Confident, Fear;
- Tick (ü) the right answers: – 5
- Lady had a black spot on his_____________.
- Ear (b) Nose
- How many puppies id Diana have?
- Six (b) Four
- The tiger caught-
- Only Children (b) Children and animal
- The goat was-
- Kamla’ Pet (b) Keshav’s Pet
- How many people were there in cave?
- Three (b) More Than Three
- Tapa ran out the cave to follow.
- A calf (b) A goat
- Where was the entrance of cave?
- Up the slope (b) Down the slope
- Where did Crsoe live?
- On a deserted Island (b) Lonely
- The tiger was shot by-
- The Zamindar (b) Kannan
- Why did the author decide to travel by train?
- Loves train journey (b) there was no bus facility
- Write true or false: – 5
- Walking on the wall is considered a sign of bravery. ( )
- Children used to put rats and insects in Kannan’s Bag( )
- Adults are more unkind the children. ( )
- The Tiger charged because he heard Gun shot. ( )
- The man eating tiger had escaped from the zoo. ( )
- Combine the words with their Suffixes: – 5
JOG+ED, FUN+Y, JOT+ED, JOT+ED, STEP+ING
- Write Answer the following questions: – (any 7) 14
- What made Tapa and Narrator stop and stare?
- What did the children do to the soil case to make it comfortable for Laddy?
- Where can we saw the Pine and Eucalyptus Tree?
- Which is the most famous Mountain in Sri Lanka?
- Which is Kamla’s Pet?
- What is meant by using this as bait?
- What did the people in the cave do to remain cheerful?
- Why were the narrator and the other taking shelter in a cave?
- Write Answer the following questions briefly (any 2 ) 6
- Why did Mishka suggested to the narrator that they sing in the train?
- How does the country side change from Colombo to Kandy?
- Describe the appearance of Leddy.